Everyone seems to be playing show and tell with their lovely creations with our beloved Cara McGee’s fandom teas. I thought I’d share my recipe too.
Watson (Earl Grey/Irish Breakfast) Shortbread Cookies
(also customizable for any of your fandom teas!)
- 3/4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/8 Cups Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup of Butter (at room temp)
- 2 Cups of Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Tea(more or less, if you want)
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla (more or less, if you want)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
~~~~~~~~How To Instructions~~~~~~~
- In a coffee grinder/blender/whatever, blend the tea until it is a powdery mix.
- In a food processor, mix together the tea, the flour, and the salt. Blend it together so that the tea is evenly spread throughout the flour.
- Pulse the butter, vanilla and sugars until it makes a dough.
- Put the dough on a plate or in a bowl in either a log or a loaf in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes. Dough will stiffen.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Slice the log or roll out the dough and make cutouts.
- Arrange on sheets that are lined with parchment paper (I didn’t have any on hand), one or two inches apart. They don’t really spread that much.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, until edges are brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes on the pan, then on wire racks.
- ENJOY YOUR WATSON SHORTBREAD COOKIES WITH A CUP OF WATSON TEA (or Sherlock to make a Johnlock treat!). DO IT.